As an innovative science and technology company, we help solve some of our customers' most challenging problems. Our determination to deliver and improve today, and anticipate and shape tomorrow, makes QinetiQ a very exciting, rewarding and respected place to work and learn.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, provide technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests. QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world. In Australia we employ more than 400 across the ACT, QLD, NSW, SA and VIC.
About the Role
Two opportunities exist for Assistant Project Managers within our Explosive Ordnance Program in the MSP Division, one based in Canberra and the other in Melbourne.
In our MSP Division, we are part of a consortium of independent, technical partners, who share the Defence’s commitment to growing the capability of delivering large integrated work packages across the CASG domains and CoE functions. As part of this consortium, we provide ‘Strategic Partner’, ‘Capability Partner’ and ‘Integrated Work Partner’ services. We help diagnose, rationalise and solve intractable problems by providing analysis, advice and assurance. Whether operating on the ocean floor, or in orbit, we get under the skin of a problem to enable our customers to make sound decisions about cost, time and performance
As Assistant Project Manager you will be responsible for:
- Supporting complex project and contract management
- Supporting the development of complex business cases and delivery strategies
- Managing the scope and deliverables of your area of responsibility
- Stakeholder engagement within the Defence environment
- Managing rapidly changing schedules and project priorities
To be successful for the role of Assistant Project Manager the ideal applicant will require:
- Experience in project controls and co-ordination of contract deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, multi task and work under pressure
- Knowledge of modem writing standards and processes, or Defence Writing Standards (not essential)
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated experience in a large capability acquisition projects, preferably but not essential experience in Defence LAND projects
Candidates will be required to obtain an Australian Government NV1 clearance which will require Australian citizenship.
Applications close on 1st August 2019
Life at QinetiQ
Our people and our culture make QinetiQ a great place to work, we value integrity, collaboration and performance.
QinetiQ is a Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice, Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women and past winner of the Defence Teaming Centre Employer of Choice Awards.
We look after our people are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market. We celebrate our differences and incorporate diversity and inclusion into everything we do. Our salary and benefits package is designed to make sure we support our diverse group of employees through the different stages of their life and careers.
Some of our benefits include:
- Annual professional development allocation and study leave
- Flexible working options that suit you
- Leave purchase scheme to balance what’s important to you
- Loyalty leave, earn extra days of annual leave up to an additional 10 days per year
- Performance bonus awards for individual and company success
- Salary continuance Insurance, protecting you financially during times of ill health
- Cultural or Religious day of significance leave to observe days of significance to you
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum qualifying period
- Dress for your day, no formal dress code just wear what feels good and suits your day
- Give back with an annual volunteering day
- Save money with our travel club and discounted health insurance options
- Be supported with employee assistance services and family violence leave
A full list of our employee benefits and further information can be found here: https://www.qinetiq.com/au/Careers/Benefits