Facilities and Sustainment Planning Manager
QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world, offering our customers premier expertise in advice, services and creative technology-based products.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, is a consulting and engineering services provider, giving independent and trusted advice to Government, Defence and Industry. Our success is founded on the industry-leading knowledge, integrity, performance and dedication of our people. Even though we are part of a global company, our offices have a very local feel; we employ more than 380 employees in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle, Western Sydney and Melbourne.
An opportunity exists for a Facilities and Sustainment Planning Manager within our MSP Services division, reporting into our Canberra office.
For our MSP Division, we are part of a consortium of independent, technical partners, who share the Defence’s commitment to growing the capability of delivering large integrated work packages across the CASG domains and CoE functions. As part of this consortium, we provide ‘Strategic Partner’, ‘Capability Partner’ and ‘Integrated Work Partner’ services for the next 11 years. We help diagnose, rationalise and solve intractable problems by providing analysis, advice and assurance. Whether operating on the ocean floor, or in orbit, we get under the skin of a problem to enable our customers to make sound decisions about cost, time and performance
As Facilities and Sustainment Planning Manager you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining strong stakeholder engagement and stakeholder management
- Having strong negotiation skills including a number of both interdependent and unlinked stakeholders
- The ability to deliver presentations and briefs to executives and senior executives
- Experience working within major Defence projects
- Experience in sustainment/production activities within a Defence environment
- Problem solving and influencing skills at a high level
- Writing and updating project documents, including ILS documentation
To be successful for the role of Facilities and Sustainment Planning Manager you will require:
- Tertiary qualification in Logistics Support, Engineering, and Management and relevant project management experience
- Knowledge commensurate with the skill level required of relevant Australian and International Standards, regulations, and Defence requirements;
- Understanding of the content of Defence Logistics Manual (DEFLOGMAN)
Eligibility to obtain an Australian Government secret clearance is required.
Applications close on 15th July 2019
What we offer
Without the collective smarts of our people, we would not be able to achieve what we do. The importance that we place on each and every employee shows in the working environment we offer: We value everybody’s contribution; we encourage innovation, diversity and development; we empower people to challenge themselves and the status quo; we foster growth, both personally and professionally. We look after our people and have an attractive compensation package which supports all our employees through different stages of their careers, some of these include:
- Individual Professional Development Allocation
- Flexible Working
- Salary Continuance (Income Protection)
- Up to 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Study Leave (Up to 5 days paid leave per year)
- Leave Purchase and Loyalty Leave
- Performance based rewards
- Salary Sacrifice and Novated Leasing
- Referral bonuses
- Dress for your day
A full list of our employee benefits and further information can be found here: https://www.qinetiq.com/au/Careers/Benefits