QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world, offering our customers premier expertise in advice, services and creative technology-based products.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, is a consulting and engineering services provider, giving independent and trusted advice to Government, Defence and Industry. Our success is founded on the industry-leading knowledge, integrity, performance and dedication of our people. Even though we are part of a global company, our offices have a very local feel; we employ more than 380 employees in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle, Western Sydney and Melbourne.
An opportunity exists for a Electronics/Mechatronics Engineer within our IES/ Workshop Division, reporting into our North Sydney office.
QinetiQ is a company of scientists and engineers committed to listening, understanding and responding to our customers’ needs. Working alongside world-leading defence scientists in our Integrated Engineering Services division we offer multi-disciplinary professional engineering services supported by in-house manufacturing capabilities, to solve challenging engineering problems for our Defence Science and Technology clients.
As a Electronics/Mechatronics Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Applying in-depth knowledge and experience to solve complex problems often requiring a new perspective but using existing solutions from a wide range of engineering disciplines.
- Assisting in shaping, describing and delivering whole or parts of projects.
- Attaining Engineering Authority under the QinetiQ and/or customers Engineering Management System.
- Assisting the team in advising the client regarding project scope, methods, complexity and risks.
To be successful for the role of Electronics/Mechatronics Engineer you will require:
- Degree in Mechatronics, Electronics, or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of Industry experience.
- Experience using CAD software (such as Inventor or similar).
- Good technical documentation writing skills.
- An understanding of supporting disciplines (e.g. Systems Engineering and/or Configuration Management)
Eligibility to obtain an Australian Government Secret Clearance is required.
Applications close on Friday 26th April 2019.
What we offer
Without the collective smarts of our people, we would not be able to achieve what we do. The importance that we place on each and every employee shows in the working environment we offer: We value everybody’s contribution; we encourage innovation, diversity and development; we empower people to challenge themselves and the status quo; we foster growth, both personally and professionally. We look after our people and have an attractive compensation package which supports all our employees through different stages of their careers, some of these include:
- Individual Professional Development Allocation
- Flexible Working
- Salary Continuance (Income Protection)
- Up to 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Study Leave (Up to 5 days paid leave per year)
- Leave Purchase and Loyalty Leave
- Performance based rewards
- Salary Sacrifice and Novated Leasing
- Referral bonuses
- Dress for your day
A full list of our employee benefits and further information can be found here: https://www.qinetiq.com/au/Careers/Benefits