QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world, offering our customers premier expertise in advice, services and creative technology-based products.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, is a consulting and engineering services provider, giving independent and trusted advice to Government, Defence and Industry. Our success is founded on the industry-leading knowledge, integrity, performance and dedication of our people. Even though we are part of a global company, our offices have a very local feel; we employ more than 380 employees in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle, Western Sydney and Melbourne.
An opportunity exists for an Office Coordinator within our Corporate Services Division, reporting into our South Melbourne office.
QinetiQ is a company of scientists and engineers committed to listening, understanding and responding to our customers' needs. In Australia, we offer engineering and management advice and services across the land, aerospace and maritime sectors. We partner with customers to provide unbiased and bespoke engineering and design solutions and support the acquisition and operation of critical capability. Supporting our work is our Corporate Services division; the oil in the QinetiQ machine.
About the role
The Office Coordinator will provide comprehensive administrative support to the relevant business or functions. They will liaise closely with the GM of Business Support and relevant business departments to fulfill their role requirements, providing a customer focused and effective support service to the organisation.
As Office Coordinator you will be responsible for:
- Visitor Coordination.
- Managing compliance registers such as maintenance, couriers, resources, archiving, active directory and phone lists/TIPT to ensure currency.
- Supplier account management for postage, stationary & courier services.
- General office administration duties including: stationary orders, photocopies and printing, office mail collection and posting, meeting room preparation and follow up, organisation of catering.
- General administration duties to support the relevant business/function i.e. photocopying, binding, laminating, printing.
- Corporate administration duties including: general letters, proof reading, training bookings, maintaining QUBE pages, archive maintenance.
- Coordination of Workplace Health and Safety related compliance and training in relation to First Aid, Fire Warden, Occupational Health and Safety Officer responsibilities.
- Providing necessary data and inputs against relevant requirements such as energy consumption & general costings.
- Developing guides for general functional processes.
- Execute Security Officer duties and support of clearance processing.
To be successful for the role of Office Coordinator you will require:
- Customer service or administrative background preferred.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional personal presentation and high attention to detail.
- Flexibility, willingness and adaptability to take on a range of administrative tasks
- High sense of initiative and problem solving skill
- Able to work autonomously and manage several tasks at once.
Eligibility to obtain an Australian Government security clearance is required.
Applications close on 15th July 2019
What we offer
Without the collective smarts of our people, we would not be able to achieve what we do. The importance that we place on each and every employee shows in the working environment we offer: We value everybody’s contribution; we encourage innovation, diversity and development; we empower people to challenge themselves and the status quo; we foster growth, both personally and professionally. We look after our people and have an attractive compensation package which supports all our employees through different stages of their careers, some of these include:
- Individual Professional Development Allocation
- Flexible Working
- Salary Continuance (Income Protection)
- Up to 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Study Leave (Up to 5 days paid leave per year)
- Leave Purchase and Loyalty Leave
- Performance based rewards
- Salary Sacrifice and Novated Leasing
- Referral bonuses
- Dress for your day
A full list of our employee benefits and further information can be found here: https://www.qinetiq.com/au/Careers/Benefits