QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world, offering our customers premier expertise in advice, services and creative technology-based products.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, is a consulting and engineering services provider, giving independent and trusted advice to Government, Defence and Industry. Our success is founded on the industry-leading knowledge, integrity, performance and dedication of our people. Even though we are part of a global company, our offices have a very local feel; we employ more than 380 employees in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle, Western Sydney and Melbourne.
An opportunity exists for a Senior Electronics Technician within our Engineering Service division, reporting into our Port Melbourne office.
IES / Workshops
QinetiQ is a company of scientists and engineers committed to listening, understanding and responding to our customers’ needs. Working alongside world-leading defence scientists in our Integrated Engineering Services division we offer multi-disciplinary professional engineering services supported by in-house manufacturing capabilities, to solve challenging engineering problems for our Defence Science and Technology clients.
About the role
What will a typical day look like?
As a Senior Electronics Technician you will be required to perform a range of electronics manufacture and repair tasks for both research & development and commercial business sectors, including but not limited to the following:
- Manufacture / Test and Installation of newly design electrical /electronics circuitry and equipment
- Fabrication / Machining / Construction of electronics equipment enclosures
- Manufacture of wiring looms & cables
- Manufacture engraved instrument panels
- Construct / configure working prototypes
- Manufacture / repair printed circuit boards to component level
- Diagnose & repair of electronic equipment
- Interfacing of test equipment with computers
- Maintenance & Calibration of test equipment
- Safely and competently operate machines, tools and equipment in the Electronics workgroup and comply with company safety requirements at all times
- Comply with all instructions given by Team Leader, 2IC & Management staff
- Comply with all QinetiQ and applicable Defence procedures and regulations.
- Undertake and delivery all work assignments in an effective & efficient manner
- Comply with the company Quality system
- Where liaising with customers, suppliers, external agencies, and QinetiQ team members to abide by and represent the values of the QinetiQ company
- Other members of the workgroup & partnering workgroups
- DSTO Representatives â Liaison and advice relating to projects
- Operations Support Officer â Procurement, etc.
- Outside customers when the need arises
To be successful for the role of Senior Electronics Technician you will require:
- Australian citizen and able to obtain security clearance to secret level
- Trade certificate in electronics or equivalent
- Experience in using a range of machine tools & equipment (including diagnostic & test) applicable to requirements of trade
- Able to understand schematic diagrams and technical drawings
- Working knowledge of the ISO 9000 quality system
- Attention to detail and good fault finding / analytical skills
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Accurate & methodical approach to work activity
- Familiar with use of e-mail, Databases, Internet
- Previous exposure to a military / Defence environment particularly in an engineering support role
- IPC-610, IPC-620, IPC-7711
- Strain gauge installation
- Computer programming of embedded micros, PLC’s. CAD tools such as AltiumÂ®
- Previous experience with Microsoft WindowsÂ® & Office suite of tools
- Positive and flexible attitude
- Work effectively in a team environment will all parties
- Self-starter / driven and motivated
Applications close on 24 January 2020.
What we offer
Without the collective smarts of our people, we would not be able to achieve what we do. The importance that we place on each and every employee shows in the working environment we offer: We value everybody’s contribution; we encourage innovation, diversity and development; we empower people to challenge themselves and the status quo; we foster growth, both personally and professionally. We look after our people and have an attractive compensation package which supports all our employees through different stages of their careers, some of these include:
- Individual Professional Development Allocation
- Flexible Working
- Salary Continuance (Income Protection)
- Up to 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Study Leave (Up to 5 days paid leave per year)
- Leave Purchase and Loyalty Leave
- Performance based rewards
- Salary Sacrifice and Novated Leasing
- Referral bonuses
- Dress for your day
A full list of our employee benefits and further information can be found here: https://www.qinetiq.com/au/Careers/Benefits