QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world, offering our customers premier expertise in advice, services and creative technology-based products.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, is a consulting and engineering services provider, giving independent and trusted advice to Government, Defence and Industry. Our success is founded on the industry-leading knowledge, integrity, performance and dedication of our people. Even though we are part of a global company, our offices have a very local feel; we employ more than 380 employees in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle, Western Sydney and Melbourne.
An opportunity exists for a Systems Administrator Level 2 within our ICT Division, located in our Canberra office.
As the Systems Administrator Level 2 provides high-level technical support services to internal customers and maintains the overall computing environment by identifying network requirements, installing upgrades, monitoring systems and network performance for the whole QinetiQ Network.
As the Systems Administrator Level 2 you will be responsible for:
- Providing Tier 1 and 2 levels of support to internal and external employees by taking ownership of incidents and requests and properly escalate unresolved incidents to the next level of support.
- Responsible for administration and management of telecommunications (mobile & desk phones) and hardware assets between office locations.
- Installations / Patching / Upgrading of MS Windows Servers for Canberra, Adelaide and Brisbane sites
- Supports Veeam Back up system and data restores, and regular testing of the backup system to ensure the integrity of data
- With a medium level of experience/capability, assist in the support of VMWare virtual server environment. Participate in virtual server migrations, maintenance and diagnose issues with VMWare based environment
- Provides basic support and configuration for networking devices such as switches, routers, access points and other networking devices to maintain the support of QinetiQ network services
- Responsible for desktop support across all QinetiQ sites, and the ability to perform basic network administration skills in switching. Support of Virtual Servers and Dell Server / SAN Equipment.
To be successful for the role of Systems Administrator Level 2 you will require:
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology with an additional 3 - 5 years experience.
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment and balance competing priorities
- Strong technical skills including knowledge of Cisco and HP switches, Microsoft office suites, Active Directory, Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, & 2016, MS Exchange, and DHCP / DNS
- Experience handling issues related to server software and possess the technical skills to support Dell Server and SAN hardware
- Ability to educate and support internal stakeholders. Proven ability to resolve internal stakeholder issues. Is able to explain complex and technical information in user-friendly language.
- Good understanding of networking technologies such as VLAN, SVI Routing, Trucking, Port Channels)
- Experience in network and systems administration. Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Solid experience in system upgrades and procedural documentation.
- Experience in managing VMWare 6.7 virtual server environment.
Eligibility to obtain an Australian Government secret clearance is required.
Applications close on Friday 28th June 2019
What we offer
Without the collective smarts of our people, we would not be able to achieve what we do. The importance that we place on each and every employee shows in the working environment we offer: We value everybody’s contribution; we encourage innovation, diversity and development; we empower people to challenge themselves and the status quo; we foster growth, both personally and professionally. We look after our people and have an attractive compensation package which supports all our employees through different stages of their careers, some of these include:
- Individual Professional Development Allocation
- Flexible Working
- Salary Continuance (Income Protection)
- Up to 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Study Leave (Up to 5 days paid leave per year)
- Leave Purchase and Loyalty Leave
- Performance based rewards
- Salary Sacrifice and Novated Leasing
- Referral bonuses
- Dress for your day