QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world, offering our customers world-class expertise in advice, services and innovative technology-based products.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, is a consulting and engineering services provider, giving independent and trusted advice to Government, Defence and Industry. Our success is founded on the industry-leading knowledge, professionalism, performance and commitment of our people. Even though we are part of a global company, our offices have a very local feel; we employ more than 380 employees in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle, Western Sydney and Melbourne.
A permanent opportunity exists for a System Engineer - Test and Evaluation within our Advisory division, located in our Sydney office.
For our Advisory Services division, everything starts with a problem that needs a solution. We act as an independent, technical partner for customers looking to procure defined services and develop specific capabilities. We help them diagnose, rationalise and solve intractable problems by providing analysis, advice and assurance. Whether operating on the ocean floor, or in orbit around Mars, we get under the skin of a problem to enable our customers to make sound decisions about cost, time and performance.
About the role
QinetiQ is looking for a talented Test & Evaluation Engineers to manage and witness Commonwealth verification and validation activities on exciting long term defence projects.
As System Engineer - Test and Evaluation you will be responsible for:
- Systems Engineering and Defence Acquisition
- Certification Engineering and Engineering Management
- Aircraft Certification
- System Safety
- Risk Management
- Airworthiness Regulations and Standards DASA and DASRs
- Build and sustain relationships with key stakeholders at the strategic and operational level
To be successful for the role of System Engineer - Test and Evaluation the ideal applicant will require:
- Technical or Degree qualification ( Science, Technology or Engineering)
- Maritime System experience (Mechanical or Electrical)
- Completion of a Test and Evaluation short course approved as a pre-requisite requirement for the Government Skills Australia competency of Certification IV or Diploma in Public Safety
- Demonstrated experience as a Test and Evaluation Coordinator or Verification and validation Engineer in a Systems Engineering environment
- Exposure to working in a major capital equipment project during the verification phase
Applicants MUST have a Baseline Australian Government security clearance as a minimum.
Applications close on 28th June 2019
What we offer
Without the collective smarts of our people, we would not be able to achieve what we do. The importance that we place on each and every employee shows in the working environment we offer: We value everybody’s contribution; we encourage innovation, diversity and development; we empower people to challenge themselves and the status quo; we foster growth, both personally and professionally. We look after our people and have an attractive benefits package which supports all our employees through different stages of their careers, some of these include:
- Individual Professional Development Allocation
- Flexible Working
- Salary Continuance (Income Protection)
- Up to 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Study Leave (Up to 5 days paid leave per year)
- Leave Purchase and Loyalty Leave
- Performance based rewards
- Salary Sacrifice and Novated Leasing
- Referral bonuses
- Dress for your day
A full list of our employee benefits and further information can be found here: https://www.qinetiq.com/au/Careers/Benefits