QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world, offering our customers premier expertise in advice, services and creative technology-based products.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, is a consulting and engineering services provider, giving independent and trusted advice to Government, Defence and Industry. Our success is founded on the industry-leading knowledge, integrity, performance and dedication of our people. Even though we are part of a global company, our offices have a very local feel; we employ more than 380 employees in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle, Western Sydney and Melbourne.
An opportunity exists for a Technical Project Manager within our IES/Workshop division, reporting into our Brisbane office.
QinetiQ is a company of scientists and engineers committed to listening, understanding and responding to our customers’ needs. Working alongside world-leading defence scientists in our Integrated Engineering Services division we offer multi-disciplinary professional engineering services supported by in-house manufacturing capabilities, to solve challenging engineering problems for our Defence Science and Technology clients.
About the role
The key focus of this role is to manage a program of work within the Defence Science and Technology (DST) Group at Eagle Farm, Brisbane. The role requires a Project Manager with strong technical capabilities and the skills necessary to engage and coordinate stakeholders.
As Technical Project Manager you will be responsible for:
- Reporting to the DST Program Leader.
- Engagement with all DST internal and external stakeholders.
- Tracking and updating project WBS, including the status of budget and schedule.
- Regular reporting of project status including risks and opportunities.
- Assisting with budget estimates, updating and project forecasting.
- Regular and ad-hoc project reporting.
To be successful in the role of Technical Project Manager the ideal applicant will require:
- Proven history managing technical projects with a diverse stakeholder group.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with the following programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to drive performance and negotiate successful outcomes with technicians, engineers, scientists and managers.
Eligibility to obtain an Australian Government secret clearance is required.
Applications close on Friday 20th October 2019.
What we offer
Without the collective smarts of our people, we would not be able to achieve what we do. The importance that we place on each and every employee shows in the working environment we offer: We value everybody’s contribution; we encourage innovation, diversity and development; we empower people to challenge themselves and the status quo; we foster growth, both personally and professionally. We look after our people and have an attractive compensation package which supports all our employees through different stages of their careers, some of these include:
- Individual Professional Development Allocation
- Flexible Working
- Salary Continuance (Income Protection)
- Up to 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Study Leave (Up to 5 days paid leave per year)
- Leave Purchase and Loyalty Leave
- Performance based rewards
- Salary Sacrifice and Novated Leasing
- Referral bonuses
- Dress for your day
A full list of our employee benefits and further information can be found here: https://www.qinetiq.com/au/Careers/Benefits