QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world, offering our customers premier expertise in advice, services and creative technology-based products.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, is a consulting and engineering services provider, giving independent and trusted advice. Our success is founded on the industry-leading knowledge, integrity, performance and dedication of our people. Even though we are part of a global company, our offices have a very local feel; we employ more than 380 employees in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle, Western Sydney and Melbourne.
An opportunity exists for a Mechatronics Engineer within our, based in Melbourne.
QinetiQ is a company of scientists and engineers committed to listening, understanding and responding to our customers’ needs. We collaborate with research, science and technology customers to deliver customer-focused engineering solutions and services.
About the role
This role will enable the safe, efficient operation of the flight lab while managing the fleet’s hardware and software environment, and driving enhancement of the facility.
As a Mechatronics Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Managing and supporting lab safety and inductions
- Supporting the lab facilities by developing and maintaining the fleet of mobile autonomous vehicles
- Trialling enhancements to the lab, including new emulations and research algorithms
- Aiding the implementation of new research and develop documentation to support the test-bed
- Working with academics and beginners with a broad range of experience
To be successful for the role of Mechatronics Engineer you will require:
- A degree in Engineering or Applied Mathematics, or a closely related discipline
- Strong programming skills in multiple languages including C/C++ and MATLAB
- Knowledge of Drone/ UAV technologies
- Knowledge of Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Experience working with prototypes/simulators/demonstrators to deliver tangible outcomes
- Experience in sensor and signal processing and a strong interest in the implementation of these to practical problems in autonomous vehicles
Eligibility to obtain an Australian Government secret clearance is required.
Applications close on 15th June 2019.
What we offer
Without the collective smarts of our people, we would not be able to achieve what we do. The importance that we place on each and every employee shows in the working environment we offer: We value everybody’s contribution; we encourage innovation, diversity and development; we empower people to challenge themselves and the status quo; we foster growth, both personally and professionally. We look after our people and have an attractive compensation package which supports all our employees through different stages of their careers, some of these include:
- Individual Professional Development Allocation
- Flexible Working
- Salary Continuance (Income Protection)
- Up to 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Study Leave (Up to 5 days paid leave per year)
- Leave Purchase and Loyalty Leave
- Performance based rewards
- Salary Sacrifice and Novated Leasing
- Referral bonuses
- Dress for your day
A full list of our employee benefits and further information can be found here: https://www.qinetiq.com/au/Careers/Benefits